Updated: Mar 29, 2022
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, Ephesians 1:3
Dear Heavenly Father,
I am so thankful to be Yours! According to (John 15:16), I did not choose you, but You chose me - before the foundation of the world. You sent the object of your affection, Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ to die on the cross for my sins and rise again so that through faith I may have eternal life in Him. What a tremendous gift all by Your grace! Even my faith is a gift by Your grace. Eternity won't be long enough to praise You for this eternal gift. As a daughter in Your kingdom, I am so very blessed and thankful to be:
• Richly blessed (Ephesians 1:3)
• Chosen and loved (Ephesians 1:4-6)
• Forgiven and redeemed (Ephesians 1:7)
• Abounding in wisdom (Ephesians 1:8)
• Made spiritually rich (Ephesians 1:11)
• Secure, having been sealed with the Spirit (Ephesians 1:13)
• Alive and made new (Ephesians 2:4-6)
• The object of God’s eternal grace (Ephesians 2:7)
• God’s masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10)
• Called to a life of good works that God will perform through me (Ephesians 2:10)
• One with God and with all Christians (Ephesians 2:13-18)
• A member of God’s intimate family (Ephesians 2:19)
• The habitation of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:22)
• Empowered beyond my own imagination (Ephesians 3:20)
• Able to glorify God (Ephesians 3:21)
• A possessor of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:3)
• A member of the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:4-6)
• A recipient of Jesus Christ, who teaches me to walk in a new life (Ephesians 4:20-24)
• A recipient of God’s love, which helps me to walk in love (Ephesians 5:1-2)
• A recipient of God’s light, which helps me to dwell in light (Ephesians 5:8)
• A recipient of God’s wisdom and truth, which helps me to walk wisely in this world (Ephesians 5:15-17)
• A recipient of the power of the fullness of the Spirit of God (Ephesians 5:18)
• A recipient of all the resources that can make every human relationship all that God ever intended it to be (Ephesians 5:21-6:9)
• A recipient of invincible and powerful armor, against which Satan is helpless, including the belt of truthfulness, the breastplate of righteousness, the shoes of the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the magnificent weapon of the Word of God (Ephesians 6:10-20)
What a tremendous list of blessings to be incredibly thankful for – every single day of my life. It all belongs to me, through faith in Christ, by the gift of Your amazing grace, Lord! And it's totally free. It's the most magnificent gift the universe has ever known, or will ever know. Jesus paid the astounding price for our sins on the cross, and all I have to do is trust in Him and what He did for me. The gospel is as free as the air we breathe. So, with that, Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for my wonderful family and friends and brothers and sisters in Christ who are safe and secure in you too, Lord. I am thankful for everything that I have and everything that I don’t have. Above all, I am thankful for You, my Lord. I have everything I will ever need because I have You, Jesus. You are my Savior.
Lord, there are so many people who do not yet know you. My heart breaks for people who are blind and deceived, as I once was, before You opened my eyes to receive the gospel by Your grace. Lord, I know You hear my daily prayers of people trapped in false and damning religions, new age deceptions, progressive Christianity, self-deception, ignorance, and pride, and worldly matters that hinder on what's truly important and absolutely necessary and dire for our life - and that is the pure gospel of Jesus Christ - the only thing that saves us from our sins and gives us eternal life. Lord, if there is anyone who needs the Truth, please send them to me so that I can tell them, or send me to them...all on Your perfect timing. Please Lord, I ask that You give me the patience to meet people where they're at with the Truth. Lord, I ask for meekness, humility, and love in speaking Your Truth. Lord, please never let me compromise the Truth no matter how offensive it may be to someone. Please help me to always speak the Truth boldly with love and gentleness and patience. I pray that by Your grace, they may see the glorious Truth and come to true saving faith in Christ.
All glory belongs to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.